Numbers Chapter 8 - The Levites
Omniscient – You know everything. You know the Levites and who they are. You know and understand the lampstand and the Levites. You know me. You know my heart. You know my mind. You are all-knowing.
Omnipotent- You can do anything. You make human families of the sons of Levi who are the Levites. You make Cherubim Angels and Seraphim Angels. Your army has rank. There is You at Your throne. Jesus is at Your right hand –Your prince. Then perhaps the Seraphim Angels are the Levites with Gabriel above as the Aaron of Moses and Aaron? You put such thoughts into my heart and give my brain time to catch up. You are all-powerful.
Omnipresent – You are everywhere. You are in the midst of the Levites and in the mist of Your angels. You are at the tent of meeting and in the land of Egypt. You are here with me and You are in my heart. You are in Your Word. You are all-present.
Eternal – You are the cause of time. You cause from twenty-five years old and upward and at the age of fifty. You are generations and forever. You are today. You are time.
Immutable – You do not change. Aaron (or Gabriel) mounted the lampstand’s (the Cherubim Angels?) lamps at the front of the lampstand (Jesus’ vine), just as You had commanded Jesus. Now this was the workmanship of the lampstand (Jesus’ vine) hammered work of gold; from its base to its flowers, it was hammered work; according to the pattern which You had showed Jesus, so Gabriel made the lampstand (Jesus’ vine?). Jesus shall present the Levites (the Seraphim angels) before the tent of meeting. And Jesus shall have the Levites (the Seraphim angels) stand before Gabriel and before his sons so as to present them as a wave offering to You. Thus did Jesus and Gabriel and all the congregation of the sons of Israel to the Seraphim Angels, according to all that You had commended Jesus concerning the Seraphim Angels, so the sons of Israel did to them. Then after that, the Seraphim Angels went in to perform their service in the tent of meeting before Gabriel and before his sons; just as You had commanded Jesus concerning the Seraphim Angels, so they did to them. You will never be made to change.
Infinite – There are no limits or bounds to Your person or dominion. You are the seen and unseen. You are a parallel universe. You are forever and ever and beyond human reasoning. There are no limits to who the Levites are today and what this really means.
Transcendent – You are apart from Your creation. You teach me about You. The Levites are humans who make the lampstand and have to cleanse themselves and present offerings to You. You explain who the Levites are to You and why You tell how Moses shall deal with the Levites concerning their obligations.
· What if this is about the unseen, the un-human? Is this about how Jesus shall deal with the Seraphim Angels concerning their obligations? If Jesus is Moses, is Gabriel Aaron? The Angels, the Levites?
Angels don’t sin do they? Do angels need to cleanse themselves? Wash themselves? Do they grow old and retire? Satan and a third of the stars are fallen angels.
Matt. 8:29; Mark 1:24; 5:7; Luke 4:34; Acts 19:15; Matt 9:34; Mark 3:22
· An unclean spirit – my name is Legion; for we are many.
· For with authority and power Jesus commands the unclean spirits, and they come out.
Col 2:18; Heb 13:2; 2 Pet 2:4; Rev 2:1
· For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness reserved for judgment.
· Wow! Angels sin and need to be cleansed. This chapter is about the Seraphim Angels’ obligations to You.
Sovereign – You are Jehovah God. It is You I worship. It is You I wish to know about. You grant me insight into Your heavenly throne. Thank-You My LORD for teaching me about You. You are in complete control and You are doing Your foreknown plan!
Holy – You are a morally excellent, perfect being. You separate the Levites from the sons of Israel for Your purpose. You separate the Seraphim Angels for Your purpose.
Gracious – You show the sons of Israel Your favor by giving the Levites their obligations that the sons of Israel do not do. The Seraphim Angels keep their obligations.
Merciful – You show the sons of Israel Your compassion by specializing individuals to one job well. Everyone does not have to know everything.
Longsuffering – You are patient with the Levites and with me and You are slow to anger.
Righteous – You are always right. You teach the right way. The Seraphim Angels are camped around the heavenly tabernacle.
Just – You punish the guilty, cleanse the sinful, and reward the righteous.
Loving – You love the Levites and care for them. You give them everything they need.
Good – You give a part of Yourself and Your time to the Levites to give them Your work of the tent of meeting. The Levites and the Seraphim Angels are holy.
Wise – Your wisdom causes You to do the things You do to teach me about You. You give me important information about Your heavenly throne.
Truthful – You always speak the truth. The Levites are reality. Your unseen - the angels are reality.
Faithful – You always do what You promise. You are the sons of Israel’s God and they are Your possession. You write Your laws on my heart and in my mind You write them.
Wrathful – You will destroy all unrighteousness.
Jealous – You will not share the Levites, the Seraphim Angels, and the Cherubim Angels, Jesus or Gabriel who are rightly and morally Yours with any other creature.
Self – Existent – You exist by Yourself. You do not need any of Your creation to exist and You will exist even when Your creation does not. It is Your creation who needs You to exist. The Levites, the Seraphim Angels, Jesus and Moses, Aaron and Gabriel, and I need You in order to exist. You choose. You decide. You make up my existence. You make up Your Word’s existence. You make up the Levite’s obligations existence.
Self-Sufficient – You do not need any of Your creation to bring about Your will or Your purpose. You choose to use the Levites and the Seraphim Angels and me because it is Your good pleasure, not Your need, that governs Your choice.
Incomprehensible – You, Jehovah My God, are Omnipotent. You give me these thoughts and these connections. You are in control. You know what Your are doing. You write it on my mind and put it into my heart. You are gracious to give me so much information and merciful to not make my head explode.
· You are truth. You teach me truth.
o “Through Him (Jesus) then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.” Thank-You Jehovah My God.
Is 57:19; Hos 14:2; Ps 51:16, 17; Hos 6:6; Heb 13:15
· For I You delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice, and in the knowledge of You rather than burnt offerings.
· Is Aaron Gabriel? Dan 8:16; Dan 9:21; Luke 1:19, 26
· Gabriel stands in the presence of God; and I have been sent to speak to you, and to bring you this good news
· …the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city in Galilee…
· Michael an archangel – Dan 10:21; 12:1; Jude 9; Rev 12:7; Dan 10:13; 1 Thess 4:16; 2 Pet 2:11
· Angelic majesties – 2 Pet 2:10
· Seraphim – celestial beings Is 6:2, 6
· Seraphim stood above Jehovah sitting on a throne, each having six wings; with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.
Cherubim – 2 Sam 22:11; 1 Kin 6:26; Ezek 10:7-8
· Jehovah God rides a cherub. Each one has four wings.
Nephilim – Gen 6:4; Num 13:33
· The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of me, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
The sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim.
· Anak/Anakim – pre-Israelite tribe of Palestine.
Giants – Deut 2:10; Josh 14:15; Num 13:22-33.