Numbers Chapter 13
Omniscient – You know the sons of Israel are tired. You know they are grumbling and complaining because they are very tired. You know they are afraid. You know they must have faith in themselves as well as in You. They must know You will take care of them, but it seems impossible to them. You know the sons of Israel. You know what they will do. You know me. You know my heart. You know what I will do. You are all-knowing.
Omnipotent- You can do anything. You can do what You promise. You have them spy out the land of Canaan which You are going to give the sons of Israel. You have them see everything they see. You put it into their hearts. You are all-powerful.
Omnipresent – You are everywhere. Aren’t You everywhere all the time? Why does that Bible Encyclopedia say You are not Omnipresent? You are in the land of Canaan, and in the wilderness of Para. You are in the wilderness of Zin as far as Rehob, at Lebo-hamath. You are in the valley of Eshcol. You are in the midst of Israel. You are in their hearts. You are here with me. You are in my heart. You are all-present.
Eternal – You are the cause of time. You are in the second year. You are forty days. You are 3,000 years ago. You are now. You are forever. You are time. You are time.
Immutable – You do not change. You speak to Moses saying, Send out for Yourself men so that they may spy out the land of Canaan. Moses sent them from the wilderness of Paran at Your command. They went up and spied out the land from the wilderness of Zin as far as Rehob, at Lebo-hamth. They gave out to the sons of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out. We became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight. You will never be made to change.
Self – Existent – You exist by Yourself. You will exist even when Your creations do not. It is Your creation, the sons of Israel, who need You in order to exist. You choose. You decide. You make up a man’s existence. You make up an angel’s existence. You make up the Nephilim’s existence. You make up my existence and Your Word’s existence.
Self-Sufficient – You do not need any of Your creation to bring about Your will or Your purpose. You choose to use the sons of Israel and the sons of Anak and the Nephilim and me Your Word, who are rightly and morally Yours because it is Your good pleasure, not Your need, that governs Your choice.
Infinite – There are no limits or bounds to Your person or dominion. There are no bounds to Your land or limits to Your inhabitants. You are forever and ever without any limits.
Transcendent – You are apart from Your creation. You teach me and the sons of Israel about Yourself. Why would You have the sons of Israel spy out the land? You are omniscient so You will know what is in their hearts and what they will do. Why do You not just lead them head long into the land of Canaan quickly and swiftly? You are testing their faith because You know they do not believe You or have listened to Your voice. Are You testing their faith in You or their faith in themselves?
· Are You giving them hope? Or something to look forward to?
· Why have the heads of the sons of Israel changed?
· A man of each tribe, each one head of his fathers’ household. Reuben – Elizur (Shammua?), Simeon – Shelumiel (Shaphat?), Judah – Nahshon (Caleb?), Issachar – Nethanel,( Igal?), Zebulun – Eliab (Gaddiel?), Joseph, Ephraim – Elishama (Hoshea), Manasseh – Gamaliel (Gaddi?), Benjamin – Abidan (Palti?), Dan – Ahiezer (Ammiel?), Asher – Pagiel (Sethur?), Gad – Eliasaph (Geuel?), and Naptali – Ahira (Nahbi?. These are they who were called of the congregation, the leaders of their fathers’ tribes; they were the head of divisions of Israel. Why does it say ‘all of them men who were heads of the sons of Israel’?
· What does ‘spy out’ mean? How is the land of Canaan flowing with milk and honey? Is the Negev a desert where nothing grows? Are they wandering around the Arabian Desert? What is the ‘fruit of the land’? What is in it for the angels? Amalek = Edom = Satan? Is this truth?
· Is this faith in You or faith in ourselves? Do Angels have to have faith?
· Is faith that You will protect me because You promised our faith that I can protect myself?
Sovereign – You lead the sons of Israel. You lead me. It is You I worship and pray to. You know what You are doing. You are in complete control and You are doing Your foreknown plan!
Holy – You are a morally excellent, perfect being. You separate the twelve men for Your purpose. You separate the sons of Israel for Your purpose. Am I being separated?
Gracious – You show the sons of Israel Your favor by showing them the land You are taking them to.
Merciful – You show the sons of Israel Your compassion by only sending out twelve men at the end of forty days.
Righteous – You are always right. You teach the right way. Trusting in You is the right way.
Longsuffering –You are patient with the sons of Israel and with me and slow to anger. You are waiting for me.
Just – You punish the guilty, cover sin, and reward the righteous.
Loving – You love me and the sons of Israel. You take care of them and give them everything they need. You take care of me and give me everything I need also.
Good – You give a part of Yourself to me and to the sons of Israel. You give them land flowing with mild and honey.
Wise – Your wisdom causes You to do the things You do. You give important information about Yourself and Your heavenly throne.
Truthful – You always speak the truth. You speak to Moses to say, “Send out for Yourself men so that they may spy out the land of Canaan, which I (You Jehovah God) am going to give to the sons of Israel; you shall send a man from each of their fathers’ tribes, everyone a leader among them” This is reality.
Faithful – You always do what You promise. You have led them to the promised land The Land of Canaan that is flowing with milk and honey.
Wrathful –You will destroy all unrighteousness.
Jealous – You will not share the sons of Israel who are rightly and morally Yours with any other creature.
Incomprehensible – At this time Satan and his demons have been thrown to earth and he’s pissed. He’s angry and looking to devour us – me. He is Michael’s (Jesus’) twin brother. Satan is ruddy and hairy. Jesus Michael is smooth. Satan would have the great power of Michael and would be able to take or kill angels – divine messengers. They are invisible to protect them.
· Satan 2 Cor 4:4; John 8:44; Eph 2:2; Matt 9:34; Mark 3:22; John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11
· Attack – Acts 24:9; Gen 32:11; Num 10:9; Judg 8:11; 1 Sam 23:2; Jon 4:7; Acts 18:10
o Or to protect me perhaps? I shall sound an alarm with the trumpets that I may be remembered before Jehovah My God, and be saved from my enemies. My heart know but I am still afraid. I am especially afraid I will forget and also give up…
o What if ‘land’ is in the heavens, invisible to me. Where the angels went or are going. ‘Fruit of the land’ would be love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control? Angels are spirits?
o What am I searching for? What am I thinking? What am I doing? How does this relate to me? Why does it matter? What am I supposed to know?
o Gabriel is the left hand of You? How do I know? Only on the witness of humans?
Dan 8:16; 9:21; Luke 1:19; 26
· Michael and Gabriel are both holy. If Michael is on Your right hand, is Gabriel Aaron on Your right or is he on Your left hand? Is Gabriel a priest or is he a Kohathite?
· Are angels searching for the same thing humans are? They are continually wandering in the wilderness carrying Your tabernacle? Do angels need faith? Your cloud guides them. They carry Your holy objects. They see You. They see Your miracles. Why dot the sons of Israel (Your angels?) not believe You? Why are they afraid?
Dear Jehovah My God,
What is faith? Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. I have no promises, no words, and no recollection of what You will do or even of who You are. You do speak in dark sayings knowing I do not understand. You know my frustrations and my fears.
I think I have the assurance You will help me to become a teacher, the conviction that You are leading me and in control that I will be a teacher. That is faith in You. I do have faith that You will help me.
But You have more faith in me than I have in myself. I am miserable. I have so much homework and housework to do. I am overwhelmed and I don’t want to do any of it. I don’t know how to do any of it. I don’t WANT TO GO DO WHAT I have to do. Why do I want to become a teacher. Why do I want to achieve a higher purpose?
Don’t You know I CAN’T? Don’t You know I am nothing? I am worthless. I am a murderer and untrustworthy and LAZY?
Thank-you for helping me My LORD. I am trying not to give up. Through Jesus Christ’s name and through his ransom sacrifice. Amen.