Numbers Chapter 29
Omniscient – You know everything. You know Your holy convocations. You know what they mean. You know when they are and what they are for. You know why You have them. You know why You explain them over and over again. You know what Your food is and what Your offerings are. You know me. You know my heart and my mind. You know the past and the future. You are all-knowing.
Omnipotent- You can do anything. You have a day for blowing trumpets. You put into Your people’s heart to bring You Your offerings You want. You can make me see and have me hear and help me to understand if You just wanted to. You can do everything You say. You are all-powerful.
Omnipresent – You are everywhere. You are in the midst of the sons of Israel. You are in the fire that consumes Your offerings. You are here with me. You are in my heart. You are in Your Word. You are all-present.
Eternal – You are the cause of time. You are in the seventh month, on the first day of the month. You cause one year old. You are on the tenth day of this seventh month. You are on the fifteenth day of the seventh month. You are on the second day, the third day, the fourth day, the fifth day, the sixth day, the seventh day, and the eighth day. You are all Your appointed times. You are time.
Immutable – You do not change. You have continual burnt offerings. You have Your appointed times. Where are they? What are they? Who offers them to You? You will never be made to change.
Self – Existent – You exist by Yourself. You will exist even when the sons of Israel or Your angels or I do not. It is Your creation who needs You for our own existence. You choose. You decide. You make up Your appointed times’ existence. You make up Your offerings’ existence. You make up my existence. You make up Your Word’s existence.
Self-Sufficient – You do not need any of Your creation to bring about Your will or Your purpose. You choose to use Moses and Your appointed times and Your offerings what is rightly and morally yours with any other creature, because it is Your good pleasure, not Your need, that governs Your choice.
Infinite – There are no limits or bounds to Your person or dominion. There are no limits to Your continual burnt offering, its grain offering and its libations. You are without limits.
Transcendent – You are apart from Your creation. You teach me about You and Your heavenly throne. You teach me about Your Feast of the Harvest and about Your seventh month. You teach me about the first day and the tenth day and the fifteenth day of Your seventh month. On the fifteenth day You teach me about that week, on the second day, the third day, the fourth day, the fifth day, the sixth day, the seventh day, and the eighth day. You teach me about Your appointed times.
The week of the 15th probably had the new moon it? No the 15th would have the full moon in it. It was the 15th day of the seventh month.
Why do You explain the fests in the seventh month so thoroughly again?
Sovereign – You command Moses. You have Your appointed times. You have Your offerings. You know exactly what You are doing and why. You are teaching me about You and Your heavenly throne. You speak to Jesus. You are in complete control and You are doing Your foreknown plan!
Holy – You are a morally excellent, perfect being. You sanctify/separate Your appointed times for Your purples. You sanctify Your offerings for Your purpose.
Gracious – You show Your favor by giving them the opportunity to make atonement for them. You have holy convocation with no laborious work. You have a day for blowing trumpets.
Merciful – You show compassion for Your people by Your offerings to make atonement for them that You are not angry with them.
Righteous – You are always right. Your offerings and Your feasts are the right way.
Just – You punish the guilty, atone sin, and reward the righteous. You know who are Yours.
Loving – You love the sons of Israel and give them everything they need. You have them present offerings to You as a soothing aroma to You.
Good – You give a part of Yourself to the sons of Israel. You teach me what You want.
Wise – Your wisdom causes You to do the things You do. Your wisdom is higher than my wisdom. Your thoughts are higher than my thoughts.
Truthful - You always speak the truth. Your appointed times, Your feasts, Your offerings are reality. You command Moses and You command Jesus.
Faithful – You always do what You promise. You lead Your people. You make them Your possession. You have Your people serve You and You are my God. I must figure out what You want. I must learn how to be faithful to You.
Wrathful - You will destroy all unrighteousness.
Jealous – You will not share Your people, Your appointed times, Your feasts, or Your offerings what is rightly and morally Yours with any other creature.
Longsuffering - You are patient with the sons of Israel and slow to anger.
Incomprehensible – the sons of Israel are Your people. They are Your angels and this is about Your heavenly throne. What are Your burnt offerings? Are offerings prayers? Do angels offer prayers? What is Your food? What does ‘for’ mean? For 1) in place of; instead of [to use blankets for coats] 2) as the representative of; in the interest of [to act for another] 3) on defense of; in favor of [to give a banquet for someone]5) with the aim or purpose of [to carry a gun for protection] 9) meant to be received by a specified person or thing, or to be used in a specified way [flowers for a girl].
What does offer one male goat for a sin offering, to make atonement for you mean? It doesn’t say as a sing offering. How do You use a sin offering? How do You use a soothing aroma? What does three-tenths of an ephah for each of the thirteen bulls, two-tenths for each of the two rams’ mean? What does ‘a tenth for each of the fourteen lambs’ mean? Who or what are the lambs? Humans? Souls? Prayers? Why is a male goat also for a sin offering? Who or what are male goats? What does ‘for the bulls, for the rams and for the lambs’ mean? Why is it the same but bulls decreasing in number over and over again?
Jesus was without defect and He offered up Himself to You. He is my model to offer up my soul?
OFFER – 1. To present to God or a god in an act of worship: often with up [to offer prayers, offer up sacrifices] 2. To present for approval or acceptance. [to offer one’s services] 3. To present for consideration; suggest; purpose [to offer a plan] 4. To indicate or express one’s willingness or intention (to do something) [ to offer to go] 5. To show or give signs of [to offer resistance]
My LORD, You do not eat. You do not need food or anything. What are offerings? What is food to You? What do offerings mean? To offer is to give, present You with a contribution but with things You cannot use. Gen 22:2; Ps 50:14; Ps 53:5; Heb 5:1; Heb 9:14; James 5:15; 1 Pet 2:5
· For every high priest taken from among men is appointed on behalf of men in things pertaining to God, in order to offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins.
· Isn’t only JESUS Your Son the high priest? Ex 28:1; Heb 2:17; Heb 7:27; 8:3; 9:9 10:11; 1 Cor 15:3
· How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
· How can I serve You? What do You want?
· …and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the LORD will raise him us, an if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.
· …you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. – Rom 15:16; Heb 13:15
· What are spiritual sacrifices acceptable to You through Jesus Christ?
· …that my offering of the Gentiles might become acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. Rom 12:1; Eph 5:2; Phil 2:17
· Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name. Lev 7:12; Is 57:19; Hos 14:2 Praise – thanksgiving
· …by mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. How do I do that, My LORD? How do I walk in love? What does this mean?
· …walk in love, an offering, and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. Rom 14:15; Col 3:14; Ex 29:18, 25; 2 Cor. 2:14
· …the sacrifice and service of your faith 2 Cor 12:15; 2 Tim 4:6; Num 28:6,7; Rom 15:16
· Creating the praise of lips (fruit of lips) Is 6:7; 51:16; 59:21; Heb 18:15
· Take words with you and return to the LORD. Say to Him, “Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously, that we may present the fruit of our lips (our lips as bulls) Ps 51:16,17; Hos 6:6; Heb 13:15
· For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 1 Cor 8:8; Rom 15:13; Gal 5:22
· For he who is this way serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men.
· …Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do in word or deed, do in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Col 1:28; Eph 5:19; 1 Cor 14:15; Col 2:15
· …the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. I am a fragrance of Christ to God?
· Am I a triumph in Christ? Song 1:3; Ezek 20:41; Eph 5:2; Phil 4:18; 1 Cor. 12:8
· …the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control
I shall pray with the spirit and I shall pray with the mind also; I shall sing with the spirit and I shall sing with the mind also.